Episode 11: Market review and related news
- Markets in turmoil today…S&P500 drops 2%, it’s second worse day of the year and breaks through it’s 50 day moving average.
- Based on chart action, it looks like the indexes could keep moving lower for the next couple weeks…BUT who knows? The Fed’s money pumping has kept this market RESILENT for 18 months, maybe that trend will continue and traders will come in and buy the dips.
- Spanish bond yields are the lowest in 225 years…despite their large debt and poor economy.
- Although there is a concern over inflation and specifically higher wagers (dragging down corporate profits) commodities prices are neutral to down- in spite of geopolitical conflicts… Oil down over 7% since last quarter; Gold down 3% past three weeks. US Dollar moving up.
- Markets are concerned the Fed might actually start raising interest rates. If Yellen feels she’s spooked the markets, in a day or two, she’ll probably try to walk it back.
- Changing of the guard at several companies- we discuss Target, WalMart, & Burger King.
- Ebola as a possible pandemic.
- IMF wants a global energy tax which could add as much as $1.60/gal to US gasoline.
Subscribe to the Wealthsteading Podcast via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wealthsteading-podcast/id896417058
Hosted by John Pugliano. For more information visit us at: www.wealthsteading.com or www.investablewealth.com
Copyright © 2014 Investable Wealth, LLC. All rights reserved. This podcast is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a solicitation, offering advice or recommendation of any security. This podcast does not intend to provide investment, tax or legal advice. The content is strictly the observations and opinions of Investable Wealth, LLC. The information in this podcast is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation. Investable Wealth, LLC is an investment advisory firm licensed in the State of Utah.